Thursday, November 29, 2007

The First Ride in the Multi

Today was my first ride in the Duchess. There have been some restless nights the past two days thinking about flying this machine. Going from one engine to two with a retractable landing gear was going to be a lot to master. It was. I was behind the aircraft the entire flight. Simply things like holding altitude and heading were difficult. I sucked; but, I loved it! There were no paying passengers so it didn't matter. Plus, just like my former triathlon career I suck in training. I always did and seem to excel at it. Prior to my last two flight tests (private & commercial) I failed the practice tests; yet, on test day I scored in the 90's.

Backcountry in Squamish

Backcountry in Squamish

About Me

My photo
Canada
Former triathlon pro to neo-pro pilot