Sunday, April 13, 2008

my former Neighbour

My former neighbor in Victoria started off his season with a bang - NICE WORK SQW! I am trying to make sure that I can watch SQW win worlds in Vancouver and of course I will be watching every second of the Olympic Triathlon race on CBC.

Looks like I finally have my first job as a commercial float pilot. I am very excited about the new job. It's very similar to the day that Reebok wanted to hire me as one of their pro triathletes. I have a grin from ear to ear. I start mid-May. More on the new job after my road trip this weekend.

For the past few years I have been pacing part of the Boston and New York City marathon with PowerBar. It's a great gig. I get to hang out with the great crew from PowerBar and run part of the marathon. I am teaming up with my buddy Tim Deboom for Boston. He gets 13.1 and I get 13.1. It doesn't matter which leg I get - running Boston is a huge treat. One of these days I need to do a marathon for time. To see what I can do. The itch to train seriously for something is finally coming back. It's taken almost 2 years and a ton of extra pounds of my body to want to get back in shape.

Anyway, look for Tim and I at the PowerBar booth Saturday-Sunday then out on the race course Monday.

Also, GOOD LUCK TO DESIREE at the US Women's Marathon trials Sunday in Boston!

Backcountry in Squamish

Backcountry in Squamish

About Me

My photo
Canada
Former triathlon pro to neo-pro pilot